bibl44
Order of the Holy Sepulchre

The Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem (Latin: Ordo Equestris Sancti Sepulcri Hierosolymitani, OESSH), also called Order of the Holy Sepulchre or Knights of the Holy Sepulchre, is a Roman Catholic order of knighthood under the protection of the Holy See. The Pope is sovereign of the Order. Founded as Milites Sancti Sepulcri attached to the Augustinian Canons Regular of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, recognised in 1113 by Papal bull of Pope Paschal II and of Pope Calistus II in 1122. It traces its roots to circa 1099 under the Frankish Duke Godfrey of Bouillon, Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri, «Defender of the Holy Sepulchre», one of the leaders of the First Crusade and first ruler of the Kingdom of Jerusalem. It is an internationally recognised order of knighthood.


Jerusalem Pilgrim’s Cross

The Jerusalem Pilgrim’s Cross is an honour awarded in the name of the Pope as a recognition of merit to pilgrims to the Holy Land. The decoration is worn on the left side of the chest. It may not be worn except in religious solemnities, processions or pilgrimages, or in the presence of the Pope.


Jerusalem Cross (Prussia)

The Jerusalem Cross or Jerusalem Memorial Cross was a decoration of Prussia established 31 October 1898. The cross was awarded to those who traveled with Emperor Wilhelm II on his 1898 visit to Palestine and attended the inauguration of the Lutheran Church of the Redeemer, Jerusalem.

The Cross of the Mount of Olives

The Cross of the Mount of Olives (German: Ölberg-Kreuz) was founded on 24 December 1909, by the Prussian Prince Eitel Friedrich of Prussia as a decoration to commemorate the foundation of a hospital, the Kaiserin Auguste Victoria-Stiftung (literally, «Empress Augusta Victoria Foundation, better known today as Augusta Victoria Hospital) on the Biblical Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. His very devout mother, Augusta Victoria of Schleswig-Holstein, was fond of charitable works and built several churches. Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany and his wife, Auguste Victoria, had visited Jerusalem in 1898. They had pledged to build a hospital for Christian pilgrims suffering from malaria. On 27 January, 1907, the entire imperial family, both parents and all their seven children, signed the charter of the Ölbergstiftung. The foundation stone was laid in that same year. The Cross of the Mount of Olives was awarded to gentleman and ladies who contributed to the Foundation. The formidable sum of 2.5 million marks was pledged by the German population. The Augusta Victoria Hospital opened its doors in 1910. The elaborate Protestant Ascension Church (Himmelfahrtkirche), usually subsumed under the hospital’s name as «Augusta Victoria», was finished in 1914.


Order of National Hero (Georgia)

The Order of National Hero is the highest honor awarded by the government of Georgia together with the title of National Hero. It was established in 2004.


Byzantine Order of the Holy Sepulcher
«Order» with a fictional story. Fraudulent project.